Valentines Day is tomorrow! Are you a fan or do you hate it?! I’ve never been crazy about Valentines Day to be honest. I find it to be an overpriced holiday for the most part. But, I’ll never turn down decadent chocolates or a beautiful bouquet of flowers, not roses – too cliché.
I also enjoy a lovely dinner but nothing super fancy because then the expectations are too high. A delicious pizza and a bottle of red at home are good enough for me.
But back to chocolate. It’s essential for Valentines Day. I remember when I was in high school, my boyfriend at the time bought me this velvet heart filled with an amazing variety of chocolate. It remember savoring the box for almost a week, eating only one or two at a time.
These days, I prefer artisanal, small batch chocolate of the dark variety or homemade chocolate chip cookies. But the problem is most of the cookies I buy from bakeries aren’t as good as the ones I make at home! Not to brag or anything, but I’m a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur and have made many amazing batches over the years.
This recipe is one of my favorites. These cookies are thick and chewy and full of chocolate. Plus they are super easy to make, don’t require any special ingredients and are ready to bake as soon as the dough is made. Bake them for someone you love!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy, delicious chocolate chip cookies that don’t need any chill time!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add butter and sugar to mixer and cream until combined, about three minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and sea salt and mix until combined, about a minute or two.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together for adding to cookie mixture. Mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (just over a tablespoon), scoop 12 rounds of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take cookies out of oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Remove from tray and continue to cool on a wire rack. Bake the rest of the dough in two more batches.