I LOVE a good Buddha bowl! They are easy to put together and full of nutrient dense foods.
They are perfect for meal prepping or making an easy dinner when your in a time crunch. This is actually what I’ve had for lunch everyday this week. And the best thing about Buddha bowls is that they are super customizable. You can throw in whatever protein, carbs and veggies you want and then drizzle on a yummy sauce or top with avocado.
This is my go to Buddha bowl but I have tons of varieties of them which I will share with you right here. I make this version with my crispy tofu, quinoa, roasted peppers and avocado. I did not have a ripe avocado when I was shooting this recipe so let’s pretend there’s one there.
Try out this recipe and let me know what you think. Do you love Buddha Bowls as much as I do??
Crispy Tofu Buddha Bowls
An easy, healthy bowl that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 batch crispy tofu
- 2 bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 3 tsp your favourite spices ie curry powder, cumin, harissa, garlic powder, chili powder, etc
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ripe avocados, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. I use vegetable broth instead of water to add more flavor but water is fine.
- Heat oven to 425. Prepare tofu according to Crispy tofu recipe. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and add the tofu. Meanwhile, toss the peppers with the seasonings and olive oil. Add to the same baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the peppers and tofu and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- By now, the tofu, peppers and quinoa should be done. Divide everything evenly amongst four large bowls or containers if you are making this recipe as part of meal prep. Serve with each bowl with half an avocado and a squeeze of lime.