Breakfast potatoes are seriously my favourite thing to eat for breakfast. As a matter of fact, potatoes are my favourite thing to eat period my breakfast potatoes are up there. Any time I order breakfast, you can be sure there’s a side of potatoes on the plate.
But the thing is, I’m very particular about my breakfast potatoes. I don’t want them to be greasy but I do want them to be crispy. I don’t want them to have been frozen. I want them to be made from actual potatoes that morning in the restaurant.
And honestly, most places don’t do them right but there are a few places where they make delicious breakfast potatoes. But thankfully, I’ve learned to perfect them at home. There are a few different techniques I use, but this recipe is easy and gives you delicious potatoes every single time. Let’s do it!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
Super easy, delicious potatoes to enjoy as a side with your favourite breakfast.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp harissa spice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is heating, dice the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the seasonings and toss to combine.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl and again toss to combine. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and put the potatoes on the pan in an even layer.
- Put the pan in the oven once it has heated and set a timer for 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes after 15 minutes and remove from oven after another 15 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favourite breakfast dish.