How to Have The BEST Restaurant Weeks in Bermuda
Y’all know I love to eat. It’s literally why I started this blog. And January and February are my fave food months in Bermuda even though the weather tends to be cooler and cozy thanks to Restaurant Weeks in Bermuda! This post is all about how to have the BEST Restaurant Weeks in Bermuda this year.
It’s truly something I look forward to every year with excitement and as a food lover, I’m sure you do too! I sit and read all the menus until I decide where I want to eat and what I plan to order. This year, Restaurant Weeks has been extended and will run until the end of February
And here’s the best part, I’ve partnered with the Bermuda Tourism Authority to write this preview for you to give you my top recommendations for the next six weeks. And I’ll be dining at a number of restaurants and sharing my honest feedback with you.
The premise is the same – close to 50 restaurants offering either two-course lunches or three-course dinners with prices from $25 to $59. Each prix-fixe menu is available for dine-in or take-out so you can choose where and when you want to indulge.
Here are the 10 menus I’m most excited about and my guide to how to have the BEST Restaurant Weeks in Bermuda this year! It’s a long post but SOOOO good. Let’s get into it!
Lunch Category Picks
Huckleberry has always had a great lunch menu so I wasn’t surprised to see fantastic options for Restaurant Weeks. You can have a two-course lunch for $25 or add on another course for $10.
Let’s talk about options. Appetizers include:
- Roasted Local Pumpkin + Cardamom Soup with Wild Mushroom, Parsnip & Pepitas, Smoked Lamb Arancini with Creamed Cabbage, Spicy Fermented Serana Aioli, Sage oil
- Kale + Chicory Salad with Fig + Balsamic Vinaigrette, Pickled Beets, Grana Padano, Red Onions, Dehydrated Figs, Shaved Baguette Croutons.
For main, options include:
- Finn’s Fried Fish Sandwich – Crispy Fried Local Fish, Huckleberry House Made Pickles, Cured Slaw, Lettuce, Tomato + Avocado, Huckleberry House-Made Raisin Bread
- HB Beef Burger – Signature Wagyu Blend, Applewood Bacon, Mature Cheddar, BBQ Onions, Huckleberry House Made Pickles, Grain Mustard, Mayo, Brioche Bun
- HB Famous Garden Garden Burger – House Made Lentil + Quinoa Patty, Asian BBQ Sauce, Cabbage Slaw Avocado, Vegan Aioli, Grilled Vegan Cheese HB Poppy Seed Bread. All mains are served with fries or salad.
If you still have space and want to add on dessert, you can choose from:
- Warm Pear + Gingerbread Crisp with Winter Spiced Poached Pears, Gluten-Free Roasted Almond + Oat Crumble, Vanilla Bean Gelato
- Alex + Pete’s Bermuda-Made Gelato and Sorbet.
The main restaurant at St. Regis turns into Lina for lunch and offers a great menu. The menu for Restaurant Weeks is no different. There are plenty of options available on this two-course menu. Appetizers include:
- Greek Salad with Onion, Tomato, Peppers, Olives, Feta Cheese, Lettuce, Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mediterranean Roasted Tomato Soup with Coconut Cream, Garlic Crostini
- Caesar Salad
The second course has five options including:
- Asian Stir Fried Chicken with Vegetable Fried Rice, Sautéed Seasonal Vegetables
- Spaghetti Alfredo Pasta with Cream Sauce, Broccoli, Parmesan Cheese
- Caprese Focaccia with Roasted Tomatoes, Homemade Pesto, Mozzarella Cheese
- Fish Tacos with Crispy Local Catch of the Day, Chipotle Sauce, Cabbage, Pico de Gallo, Flour Tortillas
- Organic Chicken Wrap with Free Range Chicken Breast, Mint, Lettuce, Cucumber, Mango Chutney, Yogurt Dressing
$39 Category Picks
Hamilton Princess always has a good showing for Restaurant Weeks and this year, the options in Crown + Anchor look pretty good.The three-course menu has the following appetizers:
- Spiced Parsnip Soup with Thyme Oil
- Bermuda Sustainable Green Salad with Wadson’s Farm Seasonal Greens, Sweet Bull Horn Peppers, Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Main courses include:
- Salted Cod Croquette with Fried Plantain, Sautéed Kale, Cherry Tomato Preserve
- Rum Glazed Pork Spare Ribs with Cajun Roasted Idaho Potatoes, Corn on the Cob + Chipotle Mayo
- Bermudian Honey Roasted Pumpkin Risotto with Fennel, Red Onion and Sage
For desserts, the only option is Warm Apple Crumble with Sweet Cream + Spiced Oat Crumble
I love going to the bar at St Regis to have a fantastic cocktail and some nibbles. Now for the next six weeks, you can have a great cocktail and an expensive dinner in a great venue.
For appetizers there are two options including:
- Burrata with Balsamic Reduction, Mixed Greens, Roasted Almonds
- Quinoa Salad with Mixed Peruvian Quinoa, Tomatoes, Olives, Cilantro, Corn Kernels, Bell Peppers, Fava Beans Purée, Lemon Dressing
Main courses include a number of sushi options (YUM) such as:
- The St Regis Bermuda Special Roll – Hamachi, Salmon, Tuna, Chives, Mango, Tobiko, Sushi Rice, Nori Sheet
- Shrimp Tempura Roll with Seared Salmon – Crispy Tempura Shrimp, Mango, Avocado, Tempura Flakes, Seared Salmon, Teriyaki Sauce, Sushi Rice, Nori Sheet
- Dark + Stormy Roll – Eel Fish, Lobster, Crab Meat, Asparagus, Masago-Fish Roe, Fuji Sauce, Sushi Rice, Nori Sheet
- Vegetable Sushi Roll – Cucumber, Cream Cheese, Chives, Asparagus, Avocado, Sushi Rice, Nori Sheet
- Signature Burger for a meat option – 8oz Angus Patty, Crispy Onion Rings, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar Cheese, Applewood Smoked Bacon, House Sauce, Sesame Brioche Bun
- Bermuda Rum Cake with Gosling’s Rum, Cream Cheese Icing, Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cake with 70% Cacao Caramel.
$49 Category Picks
This is probably my favorite menu out of all of them mainly because I can’t recall Bolero ever doing Restaurant Weeks. They switched to a mainly tapas menu a year or so ago and the menu for RW reflects that.
For starters, you can select three per person from:
- Jamon Serrano – Serrano ham GF/DF
- Chorizo Ahumado de Phil – Phil’s smoked chorizo GF/DF
- Brecol Calcinado, Aderezo de Limon – Charred broccoli lemon dressing V/VG/GF/DF
- Tortilla Espanola – traditional Spanish potato and onion omelet V/GF/DF
- Hummus de Lentejas con Tostada – Lentil hummus, with toast V/VG/DF
- Fritos con Aioli + Lemon – fried baby squid w/ garlic mayo and lemon V/DF
- Boquerones en Tostada – marinated white anchovies on toast with capers V/DF
- Aguacate Frito, Aioli de Jalapeño Ahumado – avocado fries, smoked jalapeno mayo V/DF
- Pimientos de Padrón Fritos – small green peppers, blistered in olive oil, Maldon salt V/VG.GF/DF
Main courses include:
- Paletilla de Cordero “El Rubicón” – braised, pulled, crispy lamb shoulder w/ sticky burnt onion & bacon jam GF/DF
- Pescado del Dia – Today’s fish with tiger shrimp, sautéed peppers, capers, white beans GF/DF
- Coliflor Asada y Hummus de Lentejas – roast cauliflower, lentil hummus V/VG/GF/DF contains nuts
- Pollo con Champinones – grilled chicken with lemony garlic mushrooms GF/DF
Dessert is a choice of:
- Triturador de Fresa – strawberry crush w/ Cointreau, sugar and whipped cream V/GF
- Helado del Panal de “Alex + Pete’s con Crunchie” – Alex & Pete’s honeycomb ice-cream in a waffle cone w/ Crunchie bar bits V
I haven’t eaten in Port O’ Call for years but this menu might change that. Starters include:
- Sweet Corn Bisque with Cornbread Croutons, Goat Cheese
- Baby Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Spiced Walnuts, White Balsamic Maple Dressing
- Curried Bermuda Fish Cakes with Lemon Aioli, Sweet Potato Chips
For the mains, you can choose between:
- Grilled Bermuda Wahoo with Carrot & Star Anise Puree, Burnt Orange & Fennel Salad
- Slow Braised Beef Short Rib with Creamy Horseradish & Scallion Mash, Pearl Onion Red Wine Jus
- Spinach Gnocchi with Butter Poached Leeks, Edamame Beans, Crisp Fried Sage.
And for desserts, choose between:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake, Almond Brittle Ice Cream
- Mango Sorbet (V)
- Lemon Tart with Banana Sorbet, Raspberry Coulis, Almond Cookie
Sul Verde has some of the best Italian in Bermuda and they usually have a very good menu for RW. This year they’ve gone a step further and I’m really looking forward to this menu.
For starters, enjoy:
- Caprese 2.0 – Stuffed Ripe Tomato with Stracciatella Cheese, Tomato Stock, Basil Oil
- Veggie Timbale – Mix Vegetables Brunoise, Filled in Eggplant Skin, Roasted Bell Pepper, Potato and Leeks Sauce
The mains include:
- Deconstructed Carbonara – Homemade Tagliatelle, Parmesan Fondue, Dry Egg Yolk Flakes, Crispy Pancetta
- Roasted Chicken Breast (GF)- Pan Fried Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach, Parmesan and Pine nuts, Sautéed Wild Mushroom, Potato Duchess, Peppercorn Sauce
- Grilled Salmon Fillet with Snow peas, buttered beetroot, fondant potato, pineapple salsa
And for desserts, choose between:
- Nutella Cheesecake – Cream Cheesecake, Butter and Cookies Crumble Base, Nutella
- Tiramisu – Classic House Made Layered Coffee Mousse with Mascarpone and Cocoa Powder
$59 Category Picks
Thyme has a really cool, inventive Bermudian menu and since I’ve never eaten there, I will have to make the trip over the next six weeks. For appetizers, you can choose from:
- Calamari with Dark + Stormy sauce
- Bermuda Fish Chowder
- Bermuda Onion Soup
For main courses, options are:
- Grilled Rockfish with Roasted Fingerlings, Broccolini and Lemon Butter Sauce
- Grilled Strip Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini and Peppercorn Sauce
- Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breast with Roasted Fingerlings, Broccolini and Peppercorn Sauce
- Bermuda Lobster Truffle Mac + Cheese with Broccolini
- Chocolate Cake
- Dark + Stormy Creme Brulee
- Homemade Warm Gingerbread with Ice Cream + Caramel Sauce
Pink Beach Club at The Loren always has a good menu for RW and this year is no exception with a great variety of options per course. Appetizer choices are:
- Roasted Beet + Sweet Potato Salad with Arugula, Walnuts, Carrots, Feta + Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Yellowfin Tuna Tartare with Avocado, Soy Glaze, Sesame + Wonton Chip
- Loren Fish Chowder with Blistered Tomato + Rockfish Confit
For entrees, options include:
- Local Pumpkin Risotto with Tucker’s Farm Goat Cheese Croquettes
- Pan-Seared Fisherman’s Catch with Saffron Cauliflower, Broccoli Puree, Confit Tomato + Roasted Garlic Butter
- Local Herb Marinated Hanger Steak with Potato Mousseline, Braised Radishes, Charred Pearl Onion and Veal Demi.
- Loquat Cheesecake with Mulberry Coulis, Candied Almonds + Coconut Shards
- Gosling’s Rum + Pecan Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce + Vanilla Ice Cream
Last but not least is the menu from Huckleberry that features so many local purveyors and ingredients that I’m salivating while reading it. Starters include:
- Roasted Local Pumpkin + Cardamom Soup with Wild Mushroom, Parsnip & Pepitas,
- Stuffed Leaks with Wild Mushroom + Hazelnut Farce, Cauliflower, Braised Red Cabbage, Shimeji Mushroom & Serrano Chili Oil
- Tender Beet Salad with Fig + Balsamic Vinaigrette, Pickled Beets, Grana Padano, Red Onions, Dehydrated Figs + Shaved Baguette Croutons
For main, you can choose between:
- Homemade Goat Cheese Tortellini with Local Goat Cheese, Butternut Squash Puree & Truffle Emulsion, Fermented Mushroom Sauce
- Wadson’s Hen with Salt Roasted Carrot, Brussels Sprouts, Wild Mushroom Textures, Thyme & Hen Jus
- Pan Roasted Fresh Catch with Creamed Salt Baked Celeriac, Leeks, Caperberry Powder, Blood Orange Veloute & Textures
And for dessert, choose between:
- Cheesecake + Cherries with Local Goats Cheese, Poached Dark Cherries + Allspice Caramel
- Alex + Pete’s Bermuda Made Gelato and Sorbet
OK, this was a lot and I honestly hope it was super valuable to you. Wanna know where I’ll be dining?! Definitely Bolero, The Loren, Huckleberry and it’s a toss up between Crown + Anchor or St. Regis Bar.
But, you know what?! I should try every single menu on this list! I really hope you have the best Restaurant Weeks in Bermuda this year thanks to this guide.
Are you excited about Restaurant Weeks?! Let me know which menu looks good for you in the comments.
I’m Mikaela, an island girl in Bermuda who’s obsessed with sharing gourmet food, fantastic wine and luxe experiences. If you love all things food and wine, click here to join my email list to get awesome recommendations.